Pay & Benefits
You’ll have a positive impact from day one. And in return, you can expect to:
- complete either a 15 or 21-month programme that leads to Professional Qualification in Probation (PQiP) certification
- earn £22,261 a year during training, plus £1,100 if based in Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Kent, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk or Suffolk; or £3,889 in London (once in a Qualified Probation Officer role, your salary rises to £29,038 plus allowances).
- enjoy 25 days’ annual leave (30 days after 5 years) plus 8 public holidays.
- join the Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of your training, you’ll receive:
- Off-site classroom workshops and seminars
- Online workshops and seminars
- Support from an academic tutor
- Support from a line manager and an assessor